New Version of Lifesize® Room™ and Lifesize® Team™ Delivers Greater Quality, Usability and Manageability for Unprecedented Price-to-Performance Value
Lifesize® , the high definition video communications company, today announced the immediate availability of its version 2.5 software release for Lifesize® Room™ and Lifesize® Team™. As the pioneer of high definition video communications with the introduction of Lifesize Room in December 2005, version 2.5 further accelerates Lifesize’s technology leadership position by delivering even greater quality, usability and manageability for unprecedented price-to-performance of any product available on the market.
Following Lifesize’s innovative lead, other entrants have attempted to deliver similar high definition product offerings or high-end telepresence suites, but Lifesize has continued to refine and expand its product line to give the company a significant price-to-performance advantage. For a U.S. list price of $11,999 – includes a high definition camera, codec, conference phone and remote control – Lifesize Room allows geographically distributed participants in multiple locations to have more effective, true-to-life interactions. And with the August 2006 introduction of Lifesize® Team™ for distributed project and work groups at a U.S. list price of $7,999, Lifesize is able to offer organizations of all sizes a high quality, high-performance, cost-effective video communications experience.
“High definition promises the audio and video performance users have long wanted in their videoconferencing systems,” said Andrew W. Davis, Managing Partner, Wainhouse Research LLC. “Lifesize continues to deliver on the company's promise of making high definition very affordable and easy-to-use.”
The Lifesize 2.5 release continues to improve the quality, usability and manageability of high definition video communications. Significant enhancements were made to:
High Definition Camera Options
- Dual camera support for broader room coverage
- Camera presets for automated focus and adjustments
- Additional light balance and dynamic range selections for optimal visual clarity
- Over 40 video resolutions for superior motion handling at any bandwidth
- Most number of resolutions for supporting H.264 enabled devices than any other available product
- Ability to set sharpness and motion preferences for transmitting supported video resolutions
- Greater interoperability with Codian, RADVISION, and other video end points and infrastructure products
- Restyled Web interface for easier and more intuitive user administration
- Additional diagnostics information and warning indicators for system monitoring
- Multiple customizable presenter views for individual user style preferences while conducting dual-stream, multimedia presentations or multipoint calls
“With the release of 2.5, we further demonstrate to our customers that Lifesize strives to deliver the very best high definition video communications products in the industry,” said Craig Malloy, CEO of Lifesize. “We are definitely pleased with our continuing market momentum and think it is especially telling that new users make up one-third of our customer base, proving high definition video is enabling businesses of all types and sizes to benefit from a more integrated, collaborative communications experience.”
The Lifesize product suite is comprised of the following and is available through an expansive network of Lifesize channel partners around the world:
- Lifesize® Room™ - High definition video communications for medium to large groups
- Lifesize® Team™ - High definition video communications for small to medium groups
- Lifesize® Phone™ - High definition audio conference phone
- Lifesize® Transit™ - Secure firewall / NAT traversal
- Lifesize® Networker™ - Enhanced ISDN to IP Gateway
- Lifesize® Gateway™ - Enterprise-class ISDN to IP Gateways
- Lifesize® Multipoint™ - 12 and 24-port high definition Multipoint Control Units
- Lifesize® Control™ -
Video management software
- Lifesize® Gatekeeper™ - IP communications management
Lifesize delivers video conferencing that’s as easy, as lifelike and as remarkable as meeting in person. Founded in 2003 and acquired by Logitech in 2009, Lifesize continues to reinvent the video conferencing industry. From delivering the world’s first high definition video conference in 2005 to introducing the first cloud video conferencing solution to provide a connected experience across devices and meeting rooms, Lifesize addresses organizations’ demand for high quality and reliable video that is affordable and simple to use. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
LifeSize, the LifeSize logo, Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are trademarks of Logitech and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Request a Demo