Lifesize Communications, the global leader in high definition video communications, today introduced Lifesize® Passport™, a ground-breaking HD video conferencing system that provides the telepresence experience to anyone, anywhere. One-third the size, one-third the weight and one-third the price of any other system in its class, Passport delivers telepresence in the palm of your hand. Lifesize Passport is also the world’s first HD video communications system to enable Skype audio calls to the more than 480 million registered Skype users.
Lifesize Passport is the only HD video communications system that delivers on the promise of making high quality, life-like video communications a mainstream business tool. No longer is HD video bound by conference room and board room systems at the high end, or web cam quality at the low end. With Lifesize Passport, users can communicate in telepresence-quality HD video and audio at a price that enables even small businesses to take advantage of video communications, as well as allows enterprises to cost-effectively implement video throughout their organization. At less than 1 pound, Passport can be easily deployed anywhere, making it an ideal solution for remote employees and teleworkers.
As the first HD video system to enable Skype audio calls, Lifesize Passport opens the Skype audio experience to the more than 480 million registered users of the popular video and audio internet communications software. From the Lifesize interface, Passport users can easily connect directly with any Skype user worldwide, as well as with other Lifesize and standards-compliant enterprise video systems. Lifesize Passport is software upgradeable, easily supporting new product features and protecting user investment.
- Lifesize Passport delivers the telepresence experience to anyone, anywhere.
- Delivers 720p 30 frames per second HD video and HD audio.
- Built-in ringer alerts the user to an incoming call when connected to a multi-purpose display.
- Supports HD video calls at just 1Mbps over any IP network, and up to 2Mbps maximum bandwidth.
- Light, compact and easily carried anywhere.
- 8” width x 4.7” depth x 1.3” height.
- Weighs less than 1 pound; 2.6 lbs with cables and power supply included.
- Lifesize Passport is the first HD video communications system with an integrated Skype capability.
- Enables Skype users to experience Skype-to-Skype calling.
- Skype presence ensures you always know when your business colleagues or partners are on online and available for a call.
- Simple, seamless conversations between two parties: Skype’s easy to use Contact List allows you to place a call at the touch of a button.
- Lifesize Passport delivers the Lifesize Advantage.
- The ability to deliver the best picture – at least 2 times better than competing products – across any bandwidth due to Lifesize’s unique network efficiency and performance.
- Only Lifesize has Adaptive Motion Control™ (AMC). AMC dynamically adapts to changing network conditions to deliver the highest quality of visual motion control and clarity.
Stefan Oberg, Vice President/General Manager, Skype for Business
“The integration of Skype audio calling into Lifesize Passport allows Passport customers to make free calls to Skype’s global community of 480 million registered users and inexpensive calls to cell phones or landlines, affording small and mid-size businesses significant savings on their calling and conferencing costs. We look forward to continuing to work with Lifesize, a leading provider of video conferencing systems, to integrate additional Skype functionality into Passport.”
Scott Morrison, Vice President, Research, Gartner Inc.
“Organizations are increasingly turning to video conferencing as a means to reduce travel budgets and improve organizational communications. Typically, organizations are seeking to reduce absolute spend on travel by at least 20%, and in extreme cases, as much as 50% compared to the previous year's budget, and video is seen as a great way to do this. Affordable HD video and audio is a key component of extending high quality communications to teleworkers, remote office works and SMBs worldwide.”
Craig Malloy, Founder and CEO, Lifesize Communications, Inc.
“Lifesize Passport marks a new era in the video communications industry. Delivering HD video at this price point with the quality of experience and connectivity to such a broad user base represents a tremendous leap forward from where the industry was only one year ago. While other companies have been quite vocal about delivering video communications to the mainstream audience, Lifesize is delivering the innovations necessary to make it happen.”
Pricing and Availability
Lifesize Passport is available in 2 models. Lifesize Passport with Focus and integrated microphone: US MSRP $2499. Lifesize Passport with PTZ camera and mic pod: US MSRP $3499. Lifesize Passport with Skype audio capabilities will be globally available in Q4 2009 through Lifesize authorized resellers.
Lifesize delivers video conferencing that’s as easy, as lifelike and as remarkable as meeting in person. Founded in 2003 and acquired by Logitech in 2009, Lifesize continues to reinvent the video conferencing industry. From delivering the world’s first high definition video conference in 2005 to introducing the first cloud video conferencing solution to provide a connected experience across devices and meeting rooms, Lifesize addresses organizations’ demand for high quality and reliable video that is affordable and simple to use. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize, the Lifesize logo, Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are trademarks of Logitech and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.