Know the terminology
Like every breakthrough technology, video conferencing has a bit of its own language. It’s a hybrid of networking, video, audio, and more. Here are some of the most commonly used words and phrases in the world of how video conferencing works:
- 1080p/30: 1920 x 1080 pixels at 30 frames per second. This is the resolution for Full High Definition.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): A term to explain when people use their own technology (i.e., laptops, smartphones and/or tablets) for work purposes instead of a company-owned device.
- Codec: The compression/decompression engine of a video system.
- Endpoint: A video conferencing device.
- VC: A shorthand form of “video conferencing.”
But wait, there’s more. Download the full glossary to become fluent