The use of video conferencing in the healthcare industry is one of its most vital, growing and exciting fields; from mental health to rural medicine to veterans’ care, the applications are varied and practically limitless. At Lifesize, we’ve worked with healthcare providers in everywhere from rural Nebraska to urban Seattle and in fields ranging from medical research to psychiatry to primary care, and we’ve learned how to adapt our product line to meet the unique needs of each.
Here’s just a few of the ways we can help your healthcare organization:
1. Administer remote healthcare: North Country HealthCare, a public-supported community healthcare center operating in the rural Northern Arizona area, equipped an RV with Lifesize mobile video conferencing technology, turning it into a mobile clinic that provides primary care for elementary and high school students, as well as employees of local businesses, who would otherwise go without adequate healthcare. Thanks to video conferencing, doctors are able to care for remotely located patients without having to spend all day on the road.
2. Broadcast board meetings, announcements, and news: There’s no better way to communicate vital information to important constituents than through the use of high-definition video conferencing. With tools like streaming and recording, your message can be broadcasted to thousands of individuals, accessible through a simple link.
3. Collaborate with specialists from anywhere on the planet: When it comes to providing patients with high-quality healthcare, consulting with an expert is often a necessity – but sometimes these physicians are located hundreds or even thousands of miles away. With video conferencing, the advice of an expert is never more than a click away. The Seattle Science Foundation, for example, uses its Lifesize solution to collaborate with researchers all over the world, something that would otherwise cost thousands upon thousands of dollars in travel expenses.
4. Train providers and support staff: Consider holding your training sessions over video rather than flying trainers across the country. With Lifesize Cloud, you have the ability to send guest invitations to participants for one-time use or for multiple sessions.
5. Participate in distance learning. Don’t waste time and money traveling to a learning center or conference venue – attend via video conferencing instead. Many healthcare organizations all over the world are using Lifesize for continuing medical education, like the LION Foundation.
These are just a handful of the ways video conferencing can streamline your healthcare organization and improve the quality of care you’re able to offer your patients – but they’re just the start. Want to learn how Lifesize can meet your particular needs? Then click here to find out more.