Nobody knows better than Information Technology (IT) professionals the importance of staying ahead of the curve when it comes to new technology, which is why this industry has had so much success with IT departments of all shapes and sizes. With video conferencing, you can help you take advantage of the latest in video technology, streamlining the communication process, increasing efficiency and allowing you to do more work in less time. How can we do that?
1. Collaborate with colleagues around the globe: DevFactory is a software development factory that produces streamlined software to do everything from fix bug issues to improve performance and beyond. They’ve deployed Lifesize video conferencing to eliminate the mounting costs and unpredictability of traditional outsourcing, bringing together more than 40 disparately located supply partners and 600 contractors without the need for frequent travel.
2. Attend distance learning seminars: If your IT team needs to spruce up on the latest practices in the industry or learn more about a certain piece of hardware or software, consider using video to attend classes remotely. Likewise, if you have to train your staff from disparate locations, streaming and recording technology would be a useful tool.
3. Facilitate employee communications: Harris Stratex Networks, Inc., a leading global provider of wireless solutions with clients in 135 countries, has used its Lifesize endpoints to collaborate between offices, reducing its travel needs by 30 percent in just six months. Rather than having to make the time and financial commitment of worldwide travel, colleagues are able to communicate with each other face-to-face with a quick push of a button.
4. Manage quality control: If your IT team is managing data centers all over the world, quality control is of the utmost importance. Instead of traveling to all of the locations or relying on phoeos alone, consider a video call. Modern video conferencing solutions offer mobile device compatibility, so you can have a call on your iPhone and take the camera throughout the entire space.
5. Stream, record, and archive meetings and more for future playback: Whether you are having a team meeting or a training session, video conferencing makes recording your meetings easy with the touch of a button. That way, if a team member is unable to join or you have folks in various time zones, you can ensure that no one will miss a critical call.