The quickening pace of new video conferencing technologies entering the workplace continues to place added burden on IT teams, who perform everything from complex installations to tech support. Additionally, video communication has shifted from the meeting room to broad network-wide distribution. With an evolving landscape of new infrastructure solutions on the market and limited resources to hire additional staff, IT administrators are often overwhelmed with how to manage their video communications environment.
We’ve spoken to hundreds of IT administrators and the same complaints seem to pop up over and over. Here are the top 5 problems we have heard all too often:
- Too Complex: Most video infrastructure is designed as discrete, single-purpose products. IT teams must deploy and monitor each product separately and navigate disparate UIs. This complexity puts a huge tax on IT resources.
- Limited Deployment Options: While many datacenters have moved to virtualization technologies, a majority of video conferencing products are still delivered as hardware, requiring more space, more power and added equipment cost.
- Larger Workloads, Limited Resources: While IT teams are tasked with managing more devices in more locations, including laptops and mobile devices, they are also challenged to improve efficiencies across a larger network without adding headcount.
- Not Scalable: Most video infrastructure products come in fixed capacities that don’t scale, so companies can rarely buy the exact capacity they need or scale as they grow.
- Difficult to Trial: A typical trial requires ordering, shipping and setting up each device (and for every product you want to trial, it is “rinse and repeat”). The process is costly, slow and inefficient.
An Integrated Solution that Simplifies Tasks
LifeSize has taken the first bold move by integrating multiple video infrastructure applications onto one software-based platform, with apps you just turn on. It’s an entire portfolio accessible from one interface, which eliminates the duplication of tasks inherent in separate solutions. Plus, only LifeSize gives customers a choice of virtualized software or hardware appliances – so IT leaders can design a solution that fits their environment. Additionally, customers can now have a flexible purchasing model that lets them buy, expand and grow incrementally, as few as one port or one seat at a time.
Imagine having everything you need to trial, deploy, monitor and manage your video infrastructure from one interface that you own and control –accessed with a single login. Curious what that looks like?