Web RTC Beta Privacy Statement
When you use LifeSize WebRTC (Beta), you provide certain information to the Logitech entity identified in your Terms of Service. In this Privacy Statement, we explain our data processing practices.
Information Collection and Submission.
Manual information submission.
When you use the LifeSize WebRTC (Beta), you may provide us names, email addresses and other information about yourself and other users. You will know what you submit in each case, because you will manually enter the information.
Automatic information submission.
Additionally, your LifeSize system will automatically record, process and submit to us data relating to your use of the system, including device serial number, software version, connected hardware products, custom settings, other systems information, call data records (such as number of calls, participants and duration) and text message connection information (excluding message content).
The information you submit is stored on your LifeSize system and / or our LifeSize servers, which are located in the United States.
We use the information you and your LifeSize system provide to us in order to provide the service to you and enhance it for you and other users, make connections with the users you invite, and provide technical support and information to you. With your permission, we may also contact you with other relevant information, including LifeSize product announcements, special offers and events.
Control & Review of Your Personal Information.
You have the ability to direct us to edit, correct or erase certain information pertaining to you, your LifeSize system and your use of the system by sending an email to email@example.com; provided, however, removal of certain information may limit some features or prevent you from using the service.
You may stop the delivery of marketing e-mails by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the LifeSize email received or by clicking here.
Disclosure of Information.
We do not sell or rent our LifeSize customer or user information to unaffiliated companies. We disclose information you submit only as follows:
- We hire affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to provide the service to you, including Logitech Inc., which is certified under the EU/CH-US Safe Harbor Program. All service providers are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and process your information only on our behalf and subject to our instructions.
- We share information within the Logitech group of affiliated entities on a need-to-know basis, which will all honor this
- We may share redacted or anonymized information freely, but only after we redact it to ensure that recipients cannot use the data to identify you or link the data to you.
- We may have to disclose information for purposes of protecting your or our legal rights or as required by law or orders from courts and government entities.
- We may disclose to another business entity should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity; or to any organization involved in a merger, transfer, or sale of our assets or business.
Protection of Information.
We are committed to the protection of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Changes to This Statement.
If we update this Privacy Statement, we will post changes here or at http://www.lifesize.com/webrtc/privacy or otherwise notify you.
Revised as of July 24, 2013.