In June, we announced our new app and invitational beta for select testers within the Lifesize user community. Today, we’re excited to open the beta to all customers and partners, even those new to Lifesize.
The new web and desktop apps have performed incredibly well during our test periods. In fact, we’ve received some great feedback from those who have seen and tested the new apps, including feedback during InfoComm and also from anonymous users.
“As you can imagine, I’ve used dozens of UIs over the years, but none are as intuitive in my humble opinion as the latest version from Lifesize.” –Andrew Davis, The Wainhouse Research Blog, InfoComm 2017: Observations from a Weary Warrior
“Simple, easy to use, starting page is excellent with all the options it contains.” – Anonymous user
“The simple UI and ability to chat quickly and easily in a call.” – Anonymous user
“I love the new look and layout of the new app.” – Anonymous user
Head over to our post on the Lifesize Community for full instructions on downloading and accessing the Lifesize app beta. This open beta period is the perfect time to test drive the redesigned app in your environment and explore all of the new features before we officially switch over.
Highlights of the New Lifesize App
Easily search and find contacts, room systems and virtual meeting rooms from anywhere in the application with the new global search with smart matching.
Quick Access to Recents and Favorites
See a list of recently missed calls or attended meetings and get quick access to your favorite contacts, virtual meeting rooms and meeting room systems right from the home screen.
The directory is segmented into User Contacts, Meeting Room Systems and Virtual Meeting Rooms for easy filtering and one-click calling or chatting.
- Dual streaming of the presentation and participants
- Users can add participants to a call from their directory
- Guests and participants can view meeting details in a call
- While in an active meeting or call, users can chat outside of the meeting or schedule another meeting
- More powerful moderator controls to mute all or individual participants or end the call for all or individual participants
- Users can see a list of all meeting participants and who is actively sharing a presentation or screen
Oh, and once you download the beta of the new Lifesize desktop app, you won’t have to download a separate desktop version at launch — we’ll push an automatic update to users to make the transition as smooth as possible.