Create, schedule and join Lifesize video meetings directly from Microsoft Teams. The Lifesize integration with Microsoft Teams adds extraordinary video conferencing inside and outside your organization from within the Teams workflow.
Add Microsoft Teams integration
- A Lifesize cloud account
- Lifesize admin or super user
- Purchased the Microsoft add-on from Lifesize
- Admin for Office365
- Global admin for Microsoft Teams
The following process is for initial installation of the Lifesize app on a Microsoft Teams account and it is not necessary to install on every Team/Channel.
- Download the Lifesize for Microsoft Teams.zip file.
- Follow the instructions for adding the Lifesize app to your Tenant apps catalog. NOTE: You must be the Microsoft Teams Global Admin to perform this function.
- Add the Lifesize app to a Team/Channel. The Lifesize bot sends a greeting to that channel with a link to sign in to Lifesize.
- In the event that the bot does not respond, type @Lifesize start to prompt the bot to send a sign in link. If the bot generates a link to join a meeting, the installation process has already been completed.
- Click the link and sign in to Lifesize. NOTE: You must be a Lifesize Admin/Super User to perform this function.
- After signing in, follow the link in the instructions to grant the Lifesize app permissions to automatically edit the Meeting Descriptions with Lifesize call-in details. NOTE: You must be an Office365 admin to perform this function.
When you have completed these steps, Team Owners and Channel Owners, can search and find the app on the Teams App Store.
Add Lifesize app to more channels
To add the Lifesize app to more Teams/Channels, users can search for Lifesize and then add the Lifesize app to their Teams/Channels and begin scheduling meetings with the assistance from the Lifesize app.
Start a meeting
- Type @Lifesize start – this generates a meeting link which posts in the selected Team/Channel
- Type @Lifesize help – this displays all available commands
When scheduling meetings for this Team/Channel, the Lifesize bot automatically removes the Microsoft Teams call-in details and adds a link to a Lifesize meeting.