Once you have a Lifesize account, you can connect your Lifesize 220 room system to the Lifesize cloud-based service.
Is my system connected already? From your 220 system, navigate to Administrator Preferences > Communications to view the status of the system. If it is connected, Ready shows for Lifesize Cloud Service.
When you are connected, your 220 behaves like the Lifesize app on your other devices:
- Your Lifesize account applies configuration settings to the system directly.
- All contacts in your company’s account group are available from your system directory.
- Your 220 can add video participants and accept multiple incoming callers to the active call.
- Software upgrades are automatically applied instead of requiring you to perform a manual update from a separate file. The system prompts you to apply the update, allowing you to delay the operation if desired.
Connect your 220 to your Lifesize account
Connect to the Lifesize cloud-based service during initial configuration. To initiate this process after installation, reset your system to its default settings.
Remember: You must have a Lifesize user account to connect your 220 to the service.
- Upgrade your 220 system to software version 5.0.4 or later.
- When the initial configuration wizard presents the Lifesize Cloud preference, select Enabled.
- Open a browser and navigate to the URL shown on your 220.
- Sign in to Lifesize by entering your account email address and password.
- Enter the activation code shown on your 220.
- You can associate a 220 system to an individual user or a conference room:
||Me allows Lifesize account end users to associate the device to themselves.
User allows Lifesize App account managers to associate the device to any user in their account group.
||Use this option if the device resides in a conference room and is intended for multiple users.
Creates a separate Lifesize App account for the 220 system. Enter a name for the system that appears in the account directory. Optionally, enter an email address for calling the system.
- Navigate to Administrator Preferences > Communications to view the status of the system. If it's connected, Ready shows for Lifesize Cloud Service.
Disconnect your 220 system from Lifesize cloud account
- Reset your system to its default settings in Administrator Preferences > System > System Reset.
- When the initial configuration shows the option to enable the Cloud service, select Disabled.
- Ask your Lifesize admin to remove the system from your user account.
220 meetings on Lifesize cloud-based service account
Meetings on a 220 system that is not connected to a Lifesize cloud-based service account are different than meetings created on the Lifesize app. On a 220 (not connected to a Lifesize cloud-based service account), you create local groups from your contacts. A user dials this group and the system dials each participant in the group. When connected to a Lifesize cloud-based service account, each participant dials in and joins the meeting individually. In the Lifesize app you can create meetings with no participants; a meeting created from a 220 system that is not connected to the Lifesize cloud-based service account must include at least one participant.
Refer to the release notes for your 220 system for additional information about behavioral differences and preferences that are disabled when connected to a Lifesize cloud-based service account.
View a video about connecting a Lifesize 220 to Lifesize cloud-based service account.