Lifesize Live Stream is ideal for organizations that want to live stream company meetings, executive updates and training sessions. Admins can enable Lifesize Live Stream, create Live Stream events and download the recordings. The Live Stream meeting owner or moderator can open the meeting to Q&A participation and manage responses to questions submitted by participants in real time.
All Live Stream events are recorded and are temporarily available for download from the Recordings tab. Learn more about managing Live Stream events and recordings.
NOTE: Q&A is not supported on mobile devices.
Set up a Live Stream event
Log in to the admin console to enable Live Stream.
- Make sure Allow Recordings is enabled in Advanced Settings > Features and Options. Learn more.
- In the Admin Console, go to Meetings and add or edit a meeting.
- If adding a new meeting, first complete the information required on the General tab and the Roles tab to define the meeting. Meeting name and Owner cannot be blank.
- If editing a meeting, click at the right end of the row of the chosen meeting.
- Click the Streaming tab, and then select and enter the required information.
- Click the check box to Enable Live Streaming.
- To include live Q&A, click the Enable Questions check box.
- If you do not want to approve questions before publishing them, enable the Auto-approve all incoming questions check box. With this option, all questions submitted through the Q&A panel will be visible to participants in the Live Stream event.
- Select the Viewing Permissions to allow for user participation in the meeting:
- Copy the link generated on the Streaming tab, and the passcode if applicable, and send it to the meeting owner to include in the meeting invitation. Clicking to copy the link does not include the passcode.
NOTE: When you are adding a new meeting, the link will only be available after you click Save.
Every meeting with Live Stream enabled appears on the Live Streams tab. To invite participants to a Live Stream event that was created previously, go to the Meetings page, click the Live Streams tab and then copy the link and passcode if applicable and send it the intended recipients.
Watch the following video for more information on Lifesize Live Stream.