You can use your Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync client to join a one-on-one call or a meeting. From your Lifesize app, you can also initiate a call to a Skype for Business user.
Skype for Business/Microsoft Lync Users
Join a Lifesize meeting or make a call to a Lifesize user with Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync:
- In the invitation, click the link below Connect over video.
- Click on Downloads and other ways to call which will expand the screen to display several calling options..
- Click the Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync button.
- When the message window appears, click the camera icon and select Start My Video.
Add a Lifesize meeting or user to your Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync contact list:
- Add the meeting or user extension (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) to your contacts list in Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync. The extension is a number located on the Call Me page. Once added, the display name will be displayed.
- When you are ready to join the meeting or call the contact, find the meeting or contact in your contacts list.
- Right-click on the meeting or contact, and select Start a Video Call.
Add a Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync user to your Lifesize directory:
- From the Lifesize app, go to Contacts and Create a contact.
- Enter the name and calling details of the Skype or Lync user.
Another option is to contact your admin to create a group contact.
Call a Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync User
Lifesize users can directly call a Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync user who has been previously added to their directory by clicking on the contact's name and selecting video call. Lifesize users can also type in the Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync user call details (e.g., email@example.com).
Skype for Business Server Administrators
The Lifesize cloud-based service supports the Skype for Business Online and Skype for Business (formerly Lync 2013) environments. You must initiate federation between your Skype for Business server and Lifesize to allow users to create and attend Lifesize meetings through Skype for Business.
To learn more about federation: