Chat with your Lifesize contacts at any time. You can chat with an individual in your Lifesize account group or participate in group chat in a meeting room.
When you chat with someone, the chat conversation displays on the Chat page. The Chat page maintains your chat history and displays the most recent chat. You can remove chats from the Chat page, but it does not delete your chat history.
- Tap a meeting or contact to send a chat and see the chat history.
- Chats are organized into Meetings and Contacts.
- Tapping Edit allows you to remove meetings or contacts from your chat list.
Instantly chat with a contact
You can instantly start a chat upon logging in to your Lifesize app by using the search option.
Search for a contact or meeting name by entering the first few characters in the search box, then highlight the name and tap to launch Chat. The Chat page opens to display the chat conversation.
Start a new chat
- On the navigation bar, tap Chat.
- Tap the contact's name or tap to search for the contact or meeting name. The conversation pane shows the active conversation. If not actively engaged in a conversation, the Chat page always displays the last conversation you had with the selected contact or meeting room.
- Begin typing your chat message in the conversation pane. NOTE: Tap to display the contact card for the contact or meeting.
- If you want to start a video call with the contact you are chatting with, tap .
Start a chat from your directory
When you view the calling details for a contact in your directory, you can start a chat from the calling card by tapping .
Chat with a group in a meeting room
You can group chat with other members of your Lifesize group by joining them in a meeting room. To join a group chat, choose the meeting room and tap to join. You can group chat both in and out of a call. People outside of your Lifesize account cannot participate in chat, nor will they see the chat conversation.
To start a group chat:
- On the navigation bar, tap Directory and highlight the meeting name and tap .
- On the Chat page, tap and then enter the meeting name.
Chat history is maintained in the meeting room, and others who join the meeting room later can read the chat history. Chat history cannot be deleted.
NOTE: Chat is not available currently for meeting rooms that use a passcode.