You can optionally enable Chat in your settings to chat with individual contacts or participate in a group chat with others in a meeting. To enable:
- Tap Profile in the menu at the bottom of your device screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the toggle switch to turn Chat on.
Now, Chat will appear in the menu at the bottom of your device screen. Chat will also become an available action for contacts and meetings in the directory.
NOTE: Chat is not available for one-time meetings or meeting rooms that require a passcode to join.
Start a Chat
To start a chat conversation from Chat:
- Tap Chat in the menu at the bottom of your device screen.
- Tap the Start a Chat button to search for and select a recipient from the directory to start a chat conversation OR tap on a contact or meeting from your history to open an existing chat conversation.
To start a chat conversation from the Directory:
- Tap on a contact or meeting in the directory to open the contact card.
- Tap the in the top right corner.
- Tap Chat to open a chat conversation.
Send a Chat Message
To chat, tap the text field, type your message, and tap Send.
NOTE: While individual and group chat conversations can be removed from the Chat page, chat history cannot be deleted. Group chat history within a meeting room is visible to all participants and shared with others who join the meeting room later.
Start a Call or Meeting from Chat
To start a call or meeting from chat, tap the in the top right corner of your device screen.
NOTE: Guest users can only use chat while in a meeting.