Lifesize Live Stream is ideal for organizations that want to live stream company meetings, executive updates and training sessions. Admins can enable Lifesize Live Stream, create Live Stream events and download the recordings. The Live Stream meeting owner or moderator can open the meeting to Q&A participation and manage responses to questions submitted by participants in real time.
All Live Stream events are recorded and are temporarily available for download from the Recordings tab. Learn more about managing Live Stream events and recordings.
NOTE: Q&A is not supported on mobile devices.
Set up a Live Stream Event
Log in to the admin console to enable Live Stream.
- Make sure Allow Recordings is enabled in Advanced Settings > Features and Options. Learn more.
- In the Admin Console, go to Meetings and add or edit a meeting.
- If adding a new meeting, first complete the information required on the General tab and the Roles tab to define the meeting. Meeting name and Owner cannot be blank.
- If editing a meeting, click at the right end of the row of the chosen meeting.
- Click the Streaming tab, and then select and enter the required information.
- Click the check box to Enable Live Streaming.
- To include live Q&A, click the Enable Questions check box.
- If you do not want to approve questions before publishing them, enable the Auto-approve all incoming questions check box. With this option, all questions submitted through the Q&A panel will be visible to participants in the Live Stream event.
- Select the Viewing Permissions to allow for user participation in the meeting:
- Copy the link generated on the Streaming tab, and the passcode if applicable, and send it to the meeting owner to include in the meeting invitation. Clicking to copy the link does not include the passcode.
NOTE: When you are adding a new meeting, the link will only be available after you click Save.
Manage Live Stream Events
When a Live Stream event is created, the following details appear on the Live Streams tab of the Meetings page.
- The Meeting Name
- The Link to the Live Stream event
- Permissions set for the event (Public, Group Only, or Private)
- Live? status — whether or not streaming is in progress and, if live, the number of viewers In the event
- History – Clicking opens the Live Stream history for the selected meeting.
View Live Stream History
On the Live Streams tab, click the information icon to view a breakdown of the events for a specific meeting. The History details include: date, time, and duration of each individual event, as well as the number of viewers for that event. For more information, click the information icon in the Reporting column to open the Live Stream Details report.
For the Moderator
Start a Live Stream
To start a live stream, click the streaming link or paste it into your browser address bar. The Live Stream page opens; click Enable Stream to start streaming to viewers. The stream is visible to viewers in typically one to two minutes.
Note: Make sure a Lifesize user or Lifesize Icon conference room system has joined the meeting before enabling streaming.
Either the owner or moderator of the meeting can manage questions during the Live Stream event when Q&A is enabled, unless Auto-approve all incoming questions is set for the event.
When Auto-approve is enabled for the meeting, all questions submitted through the Q&A panel will be visible to viewers without first being reviewed and approved by the moderator. The Auto-approve option is disabled by default. When enabled, it applies to all streamed events of that meeting, unless you disable it.
The moderator panel is organized as follows:
- Pending — Questions submitted to the moderator, which may be Rejected or Approved for response. For example, a question may be rejected if not relevant to the discussion.
- Published — Questions that have been reviewed by the moderator and approved for response, or are auto-approved.
Questions approved for response appear in the Published list and are visible to participants. The moderator answers by typing a response and clicking Send.
Note: You can undock the Questions panel and manage Q&A in a stand-alone window if you prefer not to watch the live stream and be in the live meeting at the same time. If you undock and inadvertently close the Questions panel, go back to the Live Stream page and refresh it.
For Live Stream Presenters
Join the Lifesize Live Stream-enabled meeting just like you would join any other Lifesize meeting.
Join a Live Stream event
Invited Lifesize users, as well as guests, can join a Live Stream event by clicking the link provided in the invitation.
- Lifesize users will be able to log in or will be redirected to the live stream if already logged in. If the invitation includes a passcode, you must enter the passcode to enter the event. Note: The event passcode is not the same as the meeting passcode.
- Guests must enter their name before being able to watch the Live Stream event.
If the live stream does not appear after joining, streaming may not have been enabled by the moderator yet. Click Refresh to start streaming in your browser, or wait for the live stream to automatically refresh.
Note: The live stream has about a 30-second delay from the live meeting. This delay is attributable to limitations of the streaming technology and is common among streaming sites, like YouTube, for example.
For more information, view the Live Stream FAQ.