Account managers can manage calendars for all of the video systems in their Cloud group from the Video Systems page of the admin console. Click to access the page.
Note: Before subscribing an Icon to Calendar, make sure the requirements are configured. Your Icon must also be associated to your conference room. Learn more.
- Select next to the video system you want to manage. This will open the Advanced Settings window.
- Select the Calendar tab. To search for and subscribe your Icon to a calendar, click Subscribe. If already set, the current calendar subscription will be shown.
- If this is the initial setup, select your calendar provider and follow the instructions. After initial setup, you can search your organization’s calendars. Select the calendar you want, and then click Subscribe.
- If you want to change the calendar, click on Unsubscribe and start over.
Learn more about meeting notifications and other Calendar FAQs.
For Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
For initial setup, you will need the administrator credentials for your Microsoft Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange Server account and impersonation privileges. Learn more.
Notes for Microsoft Office 365 users:
- By default, the organizer’s name will be displayed in the calendar. If you would like the meeting name to also be displayed, follow these steps. This permission must be set per room, and the change will only be applied to meetings going forward.
- When searching for a calendar, Microsoft Office 365 will only use the beginning of the search string. For example, in searching for Sarah Smith: Sarah will match, ssmith will match, but Smith will not.
- If you receive an error when searching for a room in the calendar, contact your system administrator to ensure permissions are set up properly.
Add an external group contact
Account managers can add group contacts to the shared directory, such as third-party systems that are not connected to Lifesize Cloud.
- On the Directory page of the web console, select the Group Contacts tab.
- Click Add Contacts.
- Enter the display name and dial string for the contact. The dial string can be an extension, email address, video or phone number, public IP address, etc. This string must be unique (two contacts cannot have the same dial string) and can be no longer than 255 characters.