You can use your Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync client to join an ad-hoc call or a meeting. From your lifesize app, you can also initiate a call to a Skype for Business user.
Skype for Business/Microsoft Lync Users
Join a Lifesize® Cloud meeting or make a call to a Lifesize user with Skype for Business or Microsoft® Lync®
- Click the dialing options link in the invitation to open the Call Me page.
- Click the Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync button.
- When the message window appears, click the camera icon and select Start My Video.
Add a Lifesize Cloud meeting or user to your Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync contact list:
- Add the meeting or user extension (e.g., email@example.com) to your contacts list in Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync. The extension is a number located on the Call Me page. Once added, the display name will be displayed.
- When you are ready to join the meeting or call the user, find the meeting or user in your contacts list.
- Right-click on the meeting or user and select Start a Video Call.
Add a Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync user to your Lifesize directory
- From the app, go to the Lifesize Directory and Create a contact.
- Enter the name and calling details of the Skype or Lync user.
Another option is to contact your administrator to create a group contact.
Call a Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync User
Lifesize users can directly call a Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync user who has been previously added to their directory by double-clicking on the contact or by single-clicking and selecting video call. Lifesize users can also select the Manual call option and enter the Skype for Business or Microsoft Lync user call details (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
Skype for Business Server Administrators
Lifesize Cloud supports the Skype for Business Online and Skype for Business (formerly Lync 2013) environments. You must initiate federation between your Skype for Business server and Lifesize Cloud to allow users to create and attend Lifesize Cloud meetings through Skype for Business. See Configure Lifesize Cloud for more information.