Lifesize, a division of Logitech (Nasdaq: LOGI) (SIX: LOGN), today announced enhancements to several of its infrastructure offerings, including a fully virtualized Lifesize® Transit™ server, 48-way video calling with Lifesize® Bridge™ and expanded multi-vendor interoperability with Lifesize® Control™. These improvements provide customers with a more scalable, open HD video framework that offers the lowest total cost of ownership and unparalleled flexibility to deploy, manage and extend video calling to their entire organization.
Today's announcement is the result of Lifesize's relentless focus on building infrastructure solutions that remove the complexity and deployment difficulties customers face. These enhancements allow organizations to truly leverage their investments and fully realize the productivity benefits of video conferencing. These new features accelerate the adoption of video by helping users connect to any network securely and easily while also providing IT with the foundational support needed to build and maintain world-class communications systems.
"Infrastructure is the foundation of your video network," said Craig Malloy, chief executive officer of Lifesize and Logitech senior vice president. "The technology behind it should be as seamless and interoperable as possible. Lifesize consistently gives customers flexibility, fast deployment and easy integration to enable video collaboration on an ever-larger scale. With the new infrastructure features announced today, we're redefining industry trends in virtualization, interoperability and scalability. Once again, Lifesize is rewriting the rules of video collaboration with groundbreaking simplicity—thus making video an essential component of every work environment."
New features of Lifesize infrastructure solutions include:
- Lifesize Transit: The SIP/H.323 firewall and NAT traversal solution now enables faster, easier deployment options for people inside and outside an organization. IT administrators have more choice and flexibility in how they deploy and manage through the virtualized options now available in Lifesize Transit Server's VMware® option.
- Lifesize Bridge: Lifesize's game-changing multipoint control unit (MCU) now offers the ability to collaborate with larger groups (up to 48 people on a single bridge call) and accelerate productivity – connecting more people in more locations. Along with 48-way video calling, Lifesize Bridge 1.1 includes 10 additional enhancements critical for enterprise deployments.
- Lifesize Control: The industry's most open and interoperable video management solution has expanded integration with Lifesize and other leading video conferencing vendors' products. Lifesize Control now offers greater control and management of the video environment with Lifesize Transit users including automatic Lifesize Transit account provisioning for Lifesize® Desktop™ and Lifesize endpoints.
Pricing and Availability
- Lifesize Bridge datasheet
- Lifesize Transit datasheet
- Lifesize Control datasheet
- Lifesize blog
At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the forefront of video collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing experience, with award-winning, easy-to-use devices that are designed for any conference room so you can connect to anyone, anywhere. It’s a meeting experience like no other. Our video conferencing solutions are designed for the demands of today’s modern enterprise, yet fully accessible to businesses of any size. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize and the Lifesize logo are trademarks of Lifesize, Inc. and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.