Lifesize, a division of Logitech (NASDAQ: LOGI) (SIX: LOGN), today announced Lifesize® Connections™, a cloud-based HD video conferencing platform that delivers immersive, multiparty communication at enterprise-level quality. Lifesize Connections delivers seamless, encrypted HD video calling across the enterprise – connecting Lifesize video conferencing systems in conference rooms to desktop users on PCs or Mac computers.
“For the thousands of organizations sitting on the sidelines waiting to realize the power of HD video collaboration – the wait is over,” said Craig Malloy, CEO of Lifesize and Logitech SVP. “Lifesize Connections is a fast, easy way to add and extend HD video collaboration within and outside any enterprise; a benefit that was previously reserved for executive board rooms with a hefty price tag and managed service burden. Now, our cloud-based platform is introducing a new way of working by enabling employees to improve productivity and collaborate in ways they never thought possible.”
Users can have any contact join them in Connections as a guest, for free, by simply sending a download link and guest registration. This makes it easy for both new and existing video users to extend their reach and communicate with remote employees, clients and partners in an easy, ad hoc way. Lifesize Connections features nine-way HD video bridging, data encryption and management. It automatically configures endpoints and software clients to instantly traverse firewalls, ensuring connection on any network, every time.
Outstanding barriers to video adoption for many companies have been the high upfront cost of equipment and the lack of sufficient IT resources to manage complex deployments of traditional on-premises video infrastructure. Interoperability challenges also make it difficult for on-premises users to make calls with outside vendors, customers or colleagues. Lifesize Connections helps eliminate these challenges by combining turnkey deployment, flexible pay-as-you-go pricing models and the ability to collaborate with anyone with a computer and a webcam.
“Video requirements vary from company to company, regardless of whether they’re the smallest SMB or the largest enterprise, because those needs are dictated by their clients, employees and partners,” said Roopam Jain, principal analyst, Frost & Sullivan. “With Connections, Lifesize is pushing video closer to ubiquitous adoption by making it easily accessible to anyone, anywhere.”
Product features of Lifesize Connections include:
- Reducing the IT burden
- Seamless integration among meeting rooms, PCs or Mac computers
- Auto-configuration of endpoints and software clients including directory services
- Integrated firewall traversal to help ensure call connectivity over any network
- Encrypted, Web-based administration including user-specific bandwidth control, reporting and user management
- Simplifying use for any user
- Simple click-to-call, presence-enabled dialing with seamless call escalation to multi-party calling
- Data sharing and instant messaging capabilities
- Making HD video communication accessible
- Up to nine-way multipoint calling at 720p with encrypted media and signaling
- Cloud-based scalability that grows with an organization simply and easily to help reduce costs and IT support
- An optional free trial of the product before committing to a purchase
Pricing and Availability
- Lifesize Connections Desktop Client: U.S. $30/user/month
- Lifesize Connections Endpoint: U.S. $100/room/month
- Pricing includes up to 9-way 720p video bridging for every seat
- Lifesize Connections is expected to be available globally in the third calendar quarter of 2011
Lifesize delivers video conferencing that’s as easy, as lifelike and as remarkable as meeting in person. Founded in 2003 and acquired by Logitech in 2009, Lifesize continues to reinvent the video conferencing industry. From delivering the world’s first high definition video conference in 2005 to introducing the first cloud video conferencing solution to provide a connected experience across devices and meeting rooms, Lifesize addresses organizations’ demand for high quality and reliable video that is affordable and simple to use. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize, the Lifesize logo, Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are trademarks of Logitech and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.