Lifesize, a division of Logitech (NASDAQ: LOGI) (SIX: LOGN), is reimagining the video conferencing experience with the introduction of Lifesize Cloud. The perfect blend of software, hardware, service and UX, Lifesize Cloud is the first and only service that provides a connected experience to anyone using smartphones, tablets, laptops and especially conference rooms. Lifesize Cloud is delivered as software-as-a-service (SaaS) and is for organizations that want business-class video collaboration without taxing their budget or IT resources.
“There is no question that video collaboration is aggressively moving toward the cloud, while the customer need for affordable room video systems and a more simplified user experience continues to surge,” said Roopam Jain, industry director of enterprise communications and collaboration for Frost & Sullivan. “Lifesize has nailed this user need with the introduction of Lifesize Cloud, a bold departure from the complex and costly ways of implementing video. By integrating its conference room video system with an intuitive, feature-rich hosted cloud infrastructure, it is clear that Lifesize continues to innovate.”
Lifesize Cloud is pioneering a new way to collaborate and connect employees. Unlike competitive offerings, including costly traditional on-premise video solutions, free consumer applications, and “meet-me” Web and video services, Lifesize Cloud enables natural communication instantly or scheduled and is purpose-built for organizations of all sizes to implement an affordable, simple and scalable video conferencing solution with little to no need for IT involvement.
“The demand for video communication in business is skyrocketing, driven primarily by free, consumer-focused applications,” said Craig Malloy, founder and chief executive officer of Lifesize. “As a result, users now expect to have the same simple experience in the office, connected across laptops and mobile devices. Lifesize delivers a way to completely, cost effectively and efficiently enable every person in your company with the highest quality video collaboration. We are able to do this because we have spent the last 11 years building an innovative product portfolio with all of the pieces necessary for this vision to come to life. ”
“Lifesize Cloud provides a superior solution compared to other tools I have used in the past,” said Robb Szymik, IT and AV global system administrator at Plexus. “One persistent challenge in the IT field is how to maximize resources while minimizing complexity on both the administrator and user side. After testing Lifesize Cloud over the past several months, it has become clear that Plexus would significantly benefit from a SaaS-based video environment, and we are looking forward to replacing our legacy hardware room video systems with lower-cost Icon systems and integrating them with Lifesize Cloud.”
Key features of Lifesize Cloud include:
A connected experience on any device, especially the meeting room
- Choose your own device: works seamlessly with smartphones, laptops, tablets and telephones through the Lifesize Cloud app
- Lifesize Icon room video system works right out of the box: simply connect to the network and log in with your credentials
- Anyone, anywhere: Lifesize Cloud offers unlimited guest capability to connect with individuals outside of your organization
One tool for all the ways people communicate
- Shared internal company directory: the directory auto-populates instantly on every device you use
- Fully loaded features: click to call, check presence status, connect instantly or in scheduled calls, have single and group calls, share presentations
Works with what customers have today
- Fully interoperable: have up to 25-way calls in HD video or audio for every user and virtual meeting, admins no longer need to manage scarce multiparty bridging ports
Simple to buy, easy to manage
- Flexible subscription plan for all sizes of teams and budgets: invite new users to a Web login to scale instantly
Pricing and Availability
- Annual subscription plans from $25 per user per month
- Lifesize Cloud is expected to be accessible everywhere on May 21, 2014, but initial sales availability is:
- North America: US, Canada, Mexico
- Europe: E.U., Norway, Switzerland
- Sold through Lifesize Worldwide Partner Network
- Fully featured, free 14-day trial available on www.lifesize.com
At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the forefront of video collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing experience, with award-winning, easy-to-use devices that are designed for any conference room so you can connect to anyone, anywhere. It’s a meeting experience like no other. Our video conferencing solutions are designed for the demands of today’s modern enterprise, yet fully accessible to businesses of any size. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize and the Lifesize logo are trademarks of Lifesize, Inc. and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.