Lifesize apps support the Skype for Business 2015 and Microsoft Lync 2013 environments. If your deployment is not configured as an open federation, you must add lync.lifesizecloud.com as a federated partner. You also need:
- A publicly issued certificate installed on the Edge server
- For information about configuring your firewall, go to the Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business section in Open network ports.
- Updated SRV record for your Lync Domain
Microsoft Lync 2013 Federation
To initiate federation between your Lync 2013 server and the Lifesize cloud-based service:
- Log in to the Microsoft Lync Front End or Standard Edition Server and open the Microsoft Lync control panel.
- On the Microsoft Lync server control panel, select Federation and External Access.
- On the External Access Policy pane, enable Federated user access. Click Edit > Show Details then check Enable Communications with Federated Users.
- On the Access Edge Configuration pane, select Enable Federation and Enable partner domain discovery.
- On the SIP Federated Domains pane, add a new domain pointing to lifesizecloud.com. The Access Edge service (FQDN) will be lync.lifesizecloud.com.