For customers with firewall rules in place that restrict access to the Lifesize cloud-based service, please refer to our help documentation regarding Opening Ports to ensure there is no disruption of the Lifesize service.
Windows PC or device
- If you are using the Windows PC or device for the first time, follow the steps for initial system setup.
- Connect your USB camera and audio device(s) to your Windows system.
- Download the Lifesize Dash app for Windows.
- Open the .exe file and follow the on-screen prompts to install.
- When installation is complete, the Lifesize Dash app will open automatically.
An active Google account is required to set up your Chromebox. You can use the same Google account for additional Chromebox devices if you are setting up multiple Lifesize Dash rooms.
- If you are using the Chromebox for the first time, follow the steps for initial system setup.
- Connect your USB camera and audio device(s) to the Chromebox.
- Once logged in to your Google account, change the following Chromebox settings:
- Display Settings: Navigate to Settings > Device > Power > When idle > Keep display on
- Audio Settings:
- Click the system tray in the bottom right of the display.
- Click the icon to the right of the volume slider. A list of all available audio devices displays for your Output and Input options.
- Select your preferred audio settings.
- Download the Lifesize Dash app from the Chrome Web Store.
- Click Add to Chrome and then select Add app.
- When installation is complete, navigate to the Launcher menu (circle icon at the bottom left corner of the screen) and open the Lifesize Dash app.
If you are using the same Google account for additional Chromebox devices, the Lifesize Dash app will be installed and available in the Launcher menu.