NOTE: If your Icon is connected to the Lifesize cloud-based service, software updates are automatically applied to your system. The system prompts you to apply the update, allowing you to delay the operation if you are using the system.
Before you upgrade your system software, ensure that the system meets the following prerequisites:
- A current license key for upgrading exists on the system. The expiration date for the maintenance license appears in Maintenance > License Keys. An upgrade fails if a current license key does not exist on the system or has
expired. Contact your Lifesize Partner to renew your maintenance agreement.
Read more about updating license keys.
- All cameras that you intend to use are properly connected to the Lifesize system. Cameras not connected to a Lifesize system before an upgrade may not function properly after an upgrade.
- Terminate all calls prior to upgrading.
Upgrading your system software
- Sign in to your support account on Lifesize Software Download Site. If this is your first visit, create the account.
- Enter the serial number of your Lifesize video system (located in Diagnostics > System Information). Follow the instructions to find the software version you want for your product, and download it to a local directory on your
- Navigate to Maintenance > System Upgrade.
- Click Select File to browse for the upgrade file you downloaded.
The system validates the file. To re-validate the same file or if you manually entered a path to a file, click Validate for the verification to occur.
- To reset the system to the original default settings, select Reset to defaults.
- Click Upload.
The upgrade can take several minutes; do not disrupt the process. During an upgrade, a status screen appears in a browser in which you can monitor the process of the file upload. If you close the window before the file upload completes, the upload is
When the upgrade is complete, the system automatically reboots.
- Your video system is ready to use. If you selected Reset to defaults, you must first reconfigure your system.
- To access all options from a browser after an upgrade (or downgrade), refresh the browser before signing in again.