Getting started for admins
IMPORTANT: If you have firewall rules in place, you must configure your firewall to allow access from your network to the destination ports listed here.
Install Lifesize Share
- Select which device to connect to your Lifesize Share.
- Option 1: Connect Lifesize Share with a Lifesize Icon
- Connect the Lifesize Share to the included HDMI cable and your Lifesize Icon system's HDMI input for presentation (marked with the image of a computer).
- Make sure your Lifesize Icon and the display it is attached to are both turned on and configured.
- Option 2: Connect Lifesize Share with a display
- Connect the Lifesize Share to the included HDMI cable and your display's HDMI input.
- Make sure the display it is attached to is turned on.
- Insert the included power adapter cable into the power port on the back of the Lifesize Share and plug the power adapter into a power outlet.
- Select to set up your Lifesize Share over a wired or wireless network.
- Wired (recommended): Insert the included Ethernet network cable into the network port on the Lifesize Share. Insert the opposite end of the network cable into an active port on your network. NOTE: If the network port to which you connected your Lifesize Share has DHCP disabled then you need to connect it to a wireless network to complete registration.
- Wireless: If you are setting up the Lifesize Share using a wireless network, do not connect the provided Ethernet cable to the Lifesize Share. Instead, there are instructions on the display for how to connect to the device directly to set up wireless.
- From your computer, open the list of wireless networks detected from your computer and find and connect to the network name shown on the display. For example, LifesizeShare_99oabe2.
- After connecting to the Lifesize Share device, use a web browser on your computer to go to the IP address shown on the display. You are now connected and able to connect the Lifesize Share to your chosen wireless network.
- From the Wireless Mode list, select Connect to Existing Wireless Network.
- From the SSID list, search and find the wireless network you wish to connect to.
- Select the security type.
- Enter the passcode for the wireless network, then click Connect.
- You can now disconnect your computer from the SSID of the Lifesize Share and return to your default network to browse the Internet.
Register Lifesize Share
- After connecting your Lifesize Share to either a wired or wireless network, open a web browser on your computer and follow the onscreen instructions to go to the web page shown to finish setting up your Lifesize Share. For example, register.lifesizeshare.com/9909abe3.
- If you already have a Lifesize Share account, Sign in and skip to step 3 below. If this is your first Lifesize Share or you want to create a new account, click Sign up at the bottom of the form to begin the registration process for a Lifesize Share account.
- To create a new account, enter your email address and a password.
- Click Sign up. Lifesize sends an email to the email address you entered.
- Enter the verification code emailed to you.
- Click Confirm Account.
- Enter an Account Name. For example, companyname.lifesizeshare.com. This is the URL to access the Lifesize Share.
- Optional: Enter a CNAME.
- Click Save. You can change the account settings later by clicking Admin Settings from the device list page.
- Name your device and click Save. The device is now registered. NOTE: Lifesize recommends giving your Lifesize Share the same name as the room in which it is installed.
- Click Continue to start using Lifesize Share or click Modify Settings to edit the Lifesize Share settings.