The New Lifesize App Goes Beta
by in Cloud, InfoComm, Lifesize
We told you we were bringing more than just great swag to InfoComm this year. That’s right, we’re kicking off the show with a first look at the all-new Lifesize app. The app has been completely redesigned from the ground up focusing on an intuitive experience with a simple and modern UI, and we’ve added new features like moderator controls to add even more flexibility to our IT-approved, complete collaboration solution. If you’d like to help us test the new Lifesize app, sign up for the invitational beta.
“After thousands of hours of research and testing with hundreds of customers, we believe we have thoughtfully designed an application that helps users work simply and effectively, to be more successful in their jobs, and drive strong outcomes for their businesses. We’re excited to get even more feedback from the beta program to help us further fine-tune and deliver the ultimate user experience.” Craig Malloy, CEO, Lifesize.
The revamped Lifesize app includes new features that deliver:
- Global Search with Smart Matching: Search for contacts, meetings and room systems through global searching, eliminating the need to remember the exact name.
- Recents and Favorites: View a list of recently missed calls or attended meetings and click to re-launch instantly and directly from your home screen. Users can flag a contact, meeting or room system as a favorite for quick access right from the home page.
- An Enhanced Directory: See an alphabetized, filterable contact list with presence and favorites and place a video or audio call; chat; schedule a meeting; and click on a name to view a contact card.
- Easy Meeting Scheduling: Schedule a meeting from the home screen, a chat message, or any meeting or room system in the directory. Send an invite via email, calendar, link, or template.
- Quick Call Starting: Initiate a call with any contact, room system or meeting room right from your directory, or simply dial a number to make a call.
- In-presentation Moderator Controls: Easily mute all or individual participants, end the call for all participants, or add participants during a meeting.
Easy onboarding and simple updates
- In-app Tutorials: Receive a seamless on-boarding experience from the guided demo to the free trial and throughout the new user implementation.
- In-app Updates: Benefit from in-app release notifications and walk-through guides, as well as banners for system alerts and new feature announcements with multi-language support.
- Automatic Updates: Receive transparent desktop application self-updates in the background for the latest features without requiring support from the IT department.
See the all-new Lifesize app in person at InfoComm 2017 at booth #1151 and be sure to follow us on social for more updates throughout the show. #LifesizeHD #InfoComm17 ( Twitter | Facebook | Instagram )