Lifesize, a global innovator of video collaboration and meeting productivity solutions, has been named a winner of the 2019 Aragon Research Innovation Award for Web and Video Conferencing.
The award recognizes Lifesize’s video conferencing technology, including its industry-leading advancements in 4K video service architecture and meeting room systems, approach to enterprise-grade security, dedication to open standards like WebRTC and integrations with other collaboration tools, all of which are integral to businesses’ communication and productivity.
“This award serves as a reflection of our continued drive to innovate on behalf of our customers and partners,” said Craig Malloy, CEO of Lifesize. “We firmly believe that video collaboration is a cornerstone of the modern workplace and a clear communication preference for the evolving workforce, so we will never relent in our ongoing mission to perfect the meeting experience.”
Innovation milestones achieved by Lifesize over the past 12 months include:
- Introducing the world’s first 4K cloud video conferencing service and meeting room system, the Icon 700, which earlier this year received the prestigious Red Dot Award and SCN InfoComm Product Installation Award for Most Innovative Video Conferencing Product for its product design and video quality.
- Delivering the Icon 300 for huddle rooms and small meeting spaces, extending the next-generation family of Icon meeting room systems with a device featuring ultrawide field of view and stunning 4K full-motion content sharing alongside immersive HD video and audio quality.
- Launching Lifesize Go, a free browser-based video service enabling teams to connect and collaborate with up to eight participants via any device without downloads, subscription requirements or restrictions on meeting length and number of hosted meetings.
- Releasing enhancements to the Lifesize mobile, web and desktop apps as well as the Lifesize Share platform. Features and updates include a refreshed Lifesize integration with Microsoft Teams, a Microsoft Outlook meeting scheduling and invite add-in, ‘one-click join’ meeting launchers for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers, content sharing integrations with ScreenCloud digital signage and Kaptivo whiteboard collaboration, and new Lifesize Admin Console controls.
- Announcing the industry’s first freemium room system, Lifesize Dash, to offer customers a free, interoperable alternative to competitive video conferencing room kit software, saving organizations up to $1000 per room each year while also extending Dash compatibility to PC-based and Mac meeting room kit hardware.
The Aragon award recognizes providers leveraging visionary use of technology to not only adapt as markets change, but to actively disrupt and inform how their markets will evolve. Lifesize was formally presented with the award on December 5, 2019 at Aragon Transform, the annual Aragon Research awards ceremony.
The identification of an Aragon Research award winner is not an endorsement by Aragon Research of any vendor, product, or service.